Wednesday 11 May 2011: New shoooes
1. A big long day with a belter of a meeting right in the middle that I was quite nervous about. It was attended by someone whose opinion I really respect and her approval (or lack of) was obviously weighing on my mind. Worry was needless - as it tends to be and approval was needless - as it should be. Things just are what they are.
2. A good lunch in a nice wee place with good staff; not too expensive, not too far to walk, not too much to ask you'd think, but in this neck of the woods it's a miracle.
3. An afternoon of list writing.
4. These are Colin's new cycling shoes ready for his first big race on Sunday. Impossible to walk in, verging on the dangerous and slightly odd looking. Now he knows how it feels to be a girl in high heels.
5. Scottish weather at it's peak; freezing yet warm, wet yet dry, cloudy yet sunny. The good thing about this is that Colin cancels his planned cycle and we go to the pub, followed by dinner at the butterfly and pig then home for a beer or two. Never has a saying been so true - every cloud really does have a silver lining!