Friday 13 January 2012: Day 13: yourself with 13 things
Before I get into this one - a huge thank you to all the comments, ratings and favourites for yesterday's shot. It has been my highest rated/faved shots since I joined Blip :) It meant all that more to me due to the way it arose - proof that great things can occur out of random, chaotic circumstances with no forethought or planning. Thank you Blipbuddies.
So, Day 13 - quite a tricky one that produced only one idea of my own, so here it is. I chose the 13 (non-human) things that I felt a bond with at this point in life. The things I either spend my time doing, enjoying, living, carrying, etc.
In no meaningful order (WARNING: DULL ALERT):
1. My bag - bought this a few years ago and it goes everywhere with me, mainly because I use it to carry my.....
2. My iPad. Best gadget in the world and my link to the ether-social side of life.
3. My old D40x - the DSLR I cut my teeth on, now the property of Mrs H. Couldn't really get my current camera in the shot without mirrors, photoshop or using another camera to take the shot.
4. A mug - Since I gave up alcohol it's all tea with me. Rock'n'roll!
5. Sheffield United Season Ticket - as a
tribal feral follower fan of The Blades this is the most important card in my wallet by far.
6. Car Keys - I love my Fiat 500, .... a lot, .... a hell of a lot. Being over 6'3" having a small car may not seem the most obvious choice, but it's a thing of beauty.
7. My watch - I bought this when I started teaching to ensure I always had the time on me. It charges the battery with a solar cell and synchronises with the time signal so is always working bang on time. (Helps with the ASD tendencies too). Never had a watch be so reliable for so long.
8. Chilli Sauce - on everything, all the time - addicted.
9. Levelling the Land - representing my love of music from the early 90's, particularly from the various brands of the indie scene.
10. Lego Doctor - if you follow my journal, you'll know why :)
11. PS3 controller - always been a bit of a gamer, this is from my recent console purchase.
12. Consider Phlebas - I love Sci-Fi, quality sci-fi. This book was given to me by my late grandfather in the 90's after he'd read it and it not only got me back into reading, but showed me a style of writing that blew me away. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I adore the universe Iain M Banks created. This book is special to me, always will be.
13. My ring - I never got a wedding ring when we got married, not into jewellery and always found them UNBEARABLE when I tried. However, I got this from Whitby (honeymoon destination) on our last visit and told Mrs H that it was a delayed wedding band. She was happy! Well, she was until we were walking back from the beach the following day and I realised it had fallen off when I was, er, resting my eyelids. I ran back to where I thought we were, put my hand into the sand and pulled it straight out! Felt like King Arthur! Important thing now :)