After learning of the fate of Henry IV this morning, we went on an expedition to see the Peppersauce Campground. Five miles of dirt road, after the Mt Lemmon Highway pavement ended, brought us here. In 1880, a camper, Alex McKay reported that his hot sauce was missing when he broke camp here. That is how Peppersauce Canyon got its name. Each campsite has a bear proof locker under stately sycamore trees. We went to see birds but in mid-afternoon we saw only one large Raven, who quickly vacated the area.

Sign in or get an account to comment.