The Crescent Inn was built on the corner of Brook Street and Leeds Road at a time when there was much development happening in Ilkley.
1861 The original ‘Crescent Hotel’ was built for £8,000 using local stone quarried from Ilkley Moor. It had stables and a bowling green.
1867 The first of ‘The Middleton Land Sales’ was held at the ‘Crescent Hotel’.
Over its life as a hotel over many decades, The Crescent has lost its bowling green, rear coach house, stables and loose boxes, but the building is still impressive and retains many original features, all of which are enjoyed from its prominent corner position – majestic and proud in the heart of Ilkley.