Maelog Lake Rhosneigr
Last day on angelsey and enjoyed our last daily walk around the lake and sea shore .A thriving shipbuilding industry once existed on the shores of Maelog Lake. It was established in 1787. In that year the eleven ton sloop, Old Fisher was built. It is thought that the ships were floated along the man made channel on the West side of the lake to the sea. The main road into the village now crosses the outlet.
The lake was also the water supply for the village, until 1968 when the main water supply was connected to Llyn Alaw. The water tower was pulled down and the old pump house is now used as holiday accommodation.