Day 7 in NYC (last day!)
We had done an amazing job of ticking off both our priorities for NYC so today was spent finishing off landmarks and buying gifts!
- We didn't jump out of bed as our flight was very late and we spent the morning packing and squeezing everything in before checking out (luckily we could leave the bags all day for free!)
- We went to our favourite breakfast place next to the subway stop to get a juice (healthy choice) and a banana nutella bagel (less healthy but filling!)
- We jumped around Manhattan soaking in every single drop of NYC polluted air and saw the flatiron building
- Today was ridiculously hot so we stopped for frozen yoghurt which was delicious
- After we went back to central park (there's something magical about it) and wondered around in the shade, trying to decide where we would have our final American meal
- We settled on heading back towards Chelsea/West Village and going somewhere random! We ended up right at the start of the high line at a restaurant called Bubby's High Line, and the food was great!
- Feeling nervous about getting to JFK later, we ended up eating quite early so wondered down the high line until the next subway stop to absorb the last bit of sunshine and Manhattan
- The journey was very easy to the airport and we checked in with loads of time... to find our flight was delayed even later! We came back to reality with a crash being surrounded by all the Brits moaning and eventually got on the flight after midnight