Tower through the trees
The Tower of the ruin that was once Upper Shibden Hall . The hall was built in the 1830's.
It was one of many of the residences owned by the Stocks family, including Lower Shibden Hall, and Scout Hall.
The Stocks family moved here in the 1800's and the house was one of many of the large country residences they owned. The tower was a later addition to the property
They were heavily involved in coal mining and later Brewing. The Shibden Head Brewery merged with Samuel Webster's in 1932. Michael Stocks was the first elected Mayor of Halifax, although he turned down the role. He died here in 1872.