Pictorial blethers

By blethers

All washed up ...

Caught sight of this from the bench at the quay beside Toward Sailing Club. The tide was as high as I've seen it here, and from the distance the long black object looked disturbingly like a torpedo - the shape of one end suggested a propeller casing, to my fertile imagination at least. Once I'd thought of it I had to investigate, clambering over the rocks and thrift in a manner reminiscent of childhood ...

It was plastic. But I had enjoyed the moment. Flotsam or jetsam?

This is what Wikipedia has to say: Flotsam is floating wreckage of a ship or its cargo. Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress and that sinks or is washed ashore.

I have learned something new!

Sign in or get an account to comment.