The Hampshire Hog

The two-foot limestone hog was carved by Eric Gill (1882 - 1940) in 1915 to be placed outside the Hampshire House Workshops in west London, which is how it came by its name.
The hog was sold to a London dealer in 1989, but came to Winchester in 1990, when it was bought by the county council. It's now located in Hampshire County Council HQ

Sign in or get an account to comment.