Rude awakening

Got in around 2:30 this morning after our flight from London. Got up at 9 to open Christmas presents, just over an hour later the fire alarm went off (not unusual), after a few minutes looked out and people were outside pointing up and geturing to get out.

We meandered downstairs and security were going around checking everyone (no fuss).

It was only when we were out that we realised that the Turkish restaurant under us was on fire. The civil defence arrived and damped the remaining smoke that the sprinklers system hadn't flooded.

Thinking of that people lost in the Bronx fire that weren't so lucky to have such a secure building and fire systems.

The fire was apparently caused by a short circuit in an air-conditioning unit

Sign in or get an account to comment.