By TheMapSmith

Warm glow

This is the salt lamp which lives in the fireplace in our sitting room. We can't use the fireplace as birds keep building nests in the chimney and we can't get it capped because the scaffolding to enable access to the roof would need to go in the main road - so the next best thing is creating a warm, homely glow with the salt lamp - which also reputedly generates positive energies for the home, so it's all good :-)

In very humid weather, the hygroscopic qualities of the rock salt cause puddles of water to develop under the lamp! We are careful not to switch it on without first checking it's dry...

Sign in or get an account to comment.