A historical landmark of the city of Aachen.
This border stone was found in 2000 during construction work for the industrial park Avantis. On the stone is the emblem of the Aachen eagle and this stone is a boundary stone of the territory of the former imperial city of Aachen. The place where the stone originally stood can no longer be determined with certainty. About 500 meters further
Northwestern from the spot where the boundary stone now stands, the so-called Drieheerpaal was the next boundary stone.
This is stated on the one hand in the official protocols that have been in place since 1659 with regard to Aachen border journeys (that is to say journeys to check the border) and on the other hand on a map of the Aachen Empire produced in 1772. The name Drieherenpaal refers to the intersection of three territories: Aken empire, Duchy of Gulik with the Land van Heyden and the Ships bank Simpelveld in the initially Spanish, later Eastern Netherlands. Twenty are left of the former central metropolitan border stones. To a large extent, the old border was protected by means of a borderline. According to a charter, boundary stones were placed around 1386. The works of the Aachen landweer were mentioned for the first time towards the end of the 14th century in a letter from Werner van Merode, the lord of Rimburg and Heyden.
Information Heimatfrenden des Heydener Landchens 1989.