Inglewhite is a small village in the parish of Goosnargh in Lancashire, England. It lies at the intersection of the roads from Longridge to Garstang and from Broughton to Beacon Fell. The Green looks pretty water logged today and doesn't normally have a pond !
The green was traditionally the site of cattle and sheep fairs, but these were stopped in the 19th century by a vicar opposed to the practice of bull baiting. The market cross, dating from 1500, has engraved on its shaft the initials HCIW, dated 1675 and believed to be those of Justice Warren, then Lord of the Manor.
The road names of Button Street and Silk Mill Lane indicate other industries that once thrived near the village. Silk Mill Lane derives its name from a silk mill powered by a waterwheel which once stood adjacent to where the brook crosses the Lane. The Congregational Chapel on Silk Mill Lane was founded in 1819.