Now the year can start!
Finally finished this in the early hours of this morning. Possibly the most difficult puzzle we have ever done. It fought until the last piece went in...to our amazement the last piece fitted but was the wrong colour!!!
We discovered that the puzzle had been cut in four sections making each piece actually able to fit in two different places on the puzzle...obviously this didn't matter where the patterns were markedly different but in the upper section the colours were not that distinct.. so the hunt was on. We found the imposter, removed it and with much relief completed the puzzle. (in 11 days!)
Here's to having the kitchen table back!!