Burg Rodenstein (link to Wiki in German, no other languages available) was in use from 1240 through 1646. After 1671, with none of the owners still alive, the stones were reused. Amongst others for the town hall of the nearby village Fränkisch-Crumbach.
Actually, this was quite common here. A number of the castles were turned into ruins, ravages of time, through plundering for reuse. Recycling is not new :)