What is unexpected about this abstract is that I realized today - by using the app I have on my phone called "Seek" which identifies plants, insects, mushrooms (to a limited extent, I find) whatever you point it at - that the insects I posted a week or so ago and called Japanese beetles were in fact NOT Japanese beetles! Unexpected! And yet, I actually feel pretty sure I knew what these beetles were last year when I saw them on the dogbane. They are dogbane leaf beetles. Duh. They look slightly different from Japanese beetles - a bit narrower and slightly different shiny colors.
So I've made them abstract. Unexpectedly.