Greygranite1745

By Greygranite1745

R8

One of the stones which marks the boundaries of the Burgh of Rosehearty. Rosehearty was made a Burgh of Barony in 1681 at which time Lord Pitsligo built the harbour. As a result of its Burgh status the town was granted privileges including the right to hold regular markets and to extract taxes from anyone from outwith the Burgh selling goods in the market.

Comments
Sign in or get an account to comment.