By Karela

Mugdock, Craigend Zoo

Open from 1949 to1955 Craigend Zoo was owned by the Wilson family of Mugdock Castle who owned Mugdock estate.  The zoo was forced to close as the number of visitors fell when the bus service from Milngavie, running at a loss, was axed.  Not many private cars at that time.  This blip and the extra one are of commemorative benches.  The animals were dispersed  around the UK, some to Billy Smarts Circus

Sign in or get an account to comment.