The Vismarkt in Groningen with the Korenbeurs and behind it the AA-church.
The Korenbeurs van Groningen is a building on the west side of the Vismarkt. The stock exchange, with its striking neoclassical facade, was built between 1862 and 1865, replacing two smaller stock exchange buildings. It belongs to the 'Top 100 of the Rijksdienst voor de Monumentenzorg'.
The building served as a grain exchange until the eighties of the twentieth century, although this increasingly became an additional activity. The Royal Association 'De Beurs' still has weekly meetings in one of the office spaces in the building and still compiles the weekly grain quotation for the Northern Dutch arable farming and grain trade there.
Der Aa-kerk, originally called Church of Our Lady ter Aa, is a church building in the center of the city of Groningen. It was built for Catholic worship and taken over by the Protestants during the Reformation. After the Martinikerk, this is the most important surviving medieval church building in the city. Seen from the Vismarkt, the church, located on the Akerkhof, towers over the Korenbeurs.
The "Der Aa Church". The name is derived from the nearby flowing Drentsche Aa.
Originally a chapel dedicated to Saint Nicholas and Mary stood here. Sint-Nicolaas was the patron saint of the skippers who moored nearby their ships. The chapel arose from the Martinikerk (the mother church) and received the status of parish church between 1212 and 1227 (reaffirmed in 1247). The church was given the name Onze Lieve Vrouwe ter Aa.
- Canon PowerShot G5 X