New lease of life
Castlemilk Stables was originally built c. 1800. Designed by the architect David Hamilton for the nearby Castlemilk House (now destroyed). It was restored by Elder and Cannon for the Cassiltoun Trust. It's now offices and a community resource centre. The building is B listed. It sits within Castlemilk Park on the edge of one of Glasgow's peripheral housing schemes. In recent years the whole area of Castlemilk has been refurbished and rebuilt, changing its image and hopefully the lives of those who live and work there for the better.
The project to restore this building was led by Glasgow Building Preservation Trust (gbpt)
More photos here