Greygranite1745

By Greygranite1745

Empty Shell

Of the North Lodge at Aden Estate - now Aden Country Park. The lodge was designed by John Smith around 1832 and follows the fashion for Greek influenced buildings seen throughout Aden and the neighbouring estate of Pitfour. The rivalry between the two estate owners - the Fergusons of Pitfour and the Russells of Aden was expressed in the ambitious landscaping of their estates - and earned them the joint epithet 'The Garden of Buchan'.

Comments
Sign in or get an account to comment.