I snapped these bright red berries in the early morning sunshine before the skies became grey and drizzly.
I hadn't a clue what they were, but they reminded me of that soft red liquorice I sometimes ate as a youngster.
Having looked it up, I would not recommend eating these. The seeds inside a yew berry are poisonous, rather than the actual fruit itself, and are known for causing death very suddenly.
Birds are fond of the fleshy red part which doesn't contain the toxins, so I'll leave the berries for them.
Sign in or get an account to comment.