We met the eco villagers for lunch in Woy Woy, then on to their place and a walk around the village and surrounding state forest. Confusingly, the village’s entrance gates still say Gosford Horticultural Research Station, established here around 1907. A manager’s house, a small building used for fisheries and phylloxera research and an admin building remain.
The village itself is a work in progress with grassy paths behind and between small houses, some under construction. There’s a community hall, machinery shed, summer and winter greenhouses, a plant nursery and cafe.
The highlight was the arboretum, a forest of bunya pines (extra).