Peninsula Light

By PeninsulaLight

Cut open that moulded-on plug that was becoming hot, which I replaced yesterday. A piece of brass that was securely rivetted on to the live pin of the plug, wasn't properly rivetted at the other end, on to fuseholder, so it was a very loose connection. With a measured current of 11 Amps passing through that poor connection, it was only a matter of time before it overheated. If it hadn't been noticed by one of the catering staff, it would have melted, started smoking and potentially caught fire over the following days. The cuts in the wires' insulation were from me attempting to cut off and remove the moulded-on part.

All good educational stuff, to show the students. Just because something has a moulded-on cable, doesn't mean it's totally safe.

Yet another stormy day. Very wild this morning, so took the bus again. Late finish, meant the later bus after work. Have hardly cycled at all this month, which is more like days of old.

Sign in or get an account to comment.