by sculptor Malcolm Leland (1922 - )
The work was installed in 1972 behind San Diego's City Hall at 202 C Street.
This sculpture/fountain represents the bow of a ship with the water splashing to the side making it seem as if the ship is moving swiftly.
San Diego's history is dominated by the sea; from the time of the earliest European explorers and settlers, to the tuna industry and the US Navy and now cruise ships.
people: Tony, Mary
places: City Heights, Downtown, North Park, La Jolla (USCD, VA)
particulars: visited Senior Art Show Public Exhibit, got UCSD sweatshirt