Tudor Hall for the Art Deco set
Eltham Manor in SE London was presented to Edward II in 1305, and over the next few centuries of alterations and extentions developed into a palace and favoured residence. This great hall was built during the reign of Edward IV (r. 1461–70, 1471–83). One of the most lavish feasts ever held in the palace was given for some 2,000 people at Christmas 1482, during Edward’s last visit to Eltham before his death the following April. Henry VIII passed much of his boyhood at Eltham, and was the last monarch to spend substantial amounts of money or time there.
Eventually the royal patonage ceased and the buildings declined, becoming a tenented farm, with the Great Hall used as a barn. Some attempts at restoration were made in the 19th century, but it was the millionaires Stephen and Virginia Courtauld who created the fusion of Art Deco "new" and Tudor "old" in the 1930, now managed by English Heritage. The extras give just a glimse of the luxurious Art Deco style.
- Canon EOS 80D