Crown Point Bridge - Leeds
Today involved a trip to Leeds in order to arrange the booking of a big holiday next year.
After a leisurely lunch, we went for a walk along the river Aire.
This is Crown Point Bridge, the second crossing to be built in the centre of town. This was opened in 1842 at a cost of £36,000. The ornate iron castings were made in Sheffield, and the stonework was by James Bray of Leeds.
Crown Point Bridge was originally a toll bridge, but the toll was abolished in 1868. The bridge was widened in 1994.