The towers of the Park District, West End Glasgow
On the right are the towers of Trinity College (now Trinity House) and the white tower of Park Church (partially obscured by the golden turret). The church building itself was demolished in 1968/ 1969. After the reunion of the main Scottish Presbyterian churches in 1929–30 the two teaching facilities of Trinity College in Glasgow University and the Church College were reintegrated. After 1976, when the Church-owned Trinity College buildings at Park Circus were finally vacated, all teaching took place in the university's Divinity Faculty. Accordingly, while Trinity College still exists, it is a body without walls. The building is now luxury flats and largely designer businesses.
In the foreground is a small section of the north bank of the River Clyde walkway. The compression of distance is the effect of using a 300mm lens.