Mill the Hope
Molen de Hoop is an authentic tower mill from 1778 that is still in use as a flour mill.
On the boulevard was a mill "De Hoop" which was completely burned down in March 1969.
The current mill dates from 1778 and stood in Weesp (N.H.) until 1913. In 1913 the mill was sold and transported by train to Oldenzaal. There the sails of the windmill turned to the wind until 1928 and then in Oldenzaal they switched to electric grinding.
The Harderwijkse Molen Foundation bought the mill in 1993 and the mill was brought on a low-loader from Oldenzaal to Harderwijk. In 1998 this mill was taken into use.