After many years growing in one place it had to be moved to allow alterations to a water pipe. I dug up the bulbs and put them in a pot, well protected from the blasted blackbirds that have wrecked so many of my miniature bulbs. Then I recalled the saffron that appeared last autumn after not being seen for fifteen years or so. I spent half an hour sifting soil in the place it had been and eventually found it. I put it in the pot with the crocus and it has now put up a shoot.
Today I’ve been so cold, but at last I can light the fire again after doing repairs to the bricks in the firebox. They needed 4 days to set. Serves me right. I should have done it in the summer, but I procrastinated.