Auldhame to Dunbar
It's almost the 2nd Saturday of the month again - and next weekend (Saturday 8th June), we're going over to East Lothian and walking from the village of Auldhame down to Dunbar ...
... details as follow below:
- this month's walk will be from Auldhame to Dunbar, in East Lothian ...
- we'll meet in Dunbar, get a local bus up to Auldhame, then walk back!
- it's a coastal route, of some 10-miles, and the route should take us about 5-hours
- meet for 10am, on Saturday 8th June 2019
- meet in the Leisure Centre car park (no parking charge), which is off Victoria Street - see: https://tinyurl.com/yydag94k
- there are though various options for travel to Dunbar:
- there's an 8.52am train from Haymarket (or 9.08am from Waverley) that arrives in Dunbar for 9.28am
- or the X7 Bus goes from Waterloo Place (in Edinburgh) at 8.41am and arrives in Dunbar for 9.43am - see: https://bustimes.org/services/x7-edinburgh-dunbar?date=2019-06-08
- it's then just an 11-minute walk from the Rail Station (and/or Bus stops) to the Leisure Centre - see : http://tiny.cc/xfol7y
- or do just let me know if you do want a lift from Shandon, as there should be some car-spaces available?
- the local bus (more of which below!) up to Auldhame doesn't leave until circa 10.40am, so we may have a bit of time to call in to John Muir's Birthplace (see: https://www.jmbt.org.uk/visit/), which opens at 10:00 --- free admission (donations welcome) ...
... or the nearby 'Graze coffee shop' - see: http://grazedunbar.co.uk/
- shortly after; we'll then catch the local 120 Bus, which leaves nearby, at circa 10.40am - cost should be £3, so do bring some change
- 120 Bus details are here: http://www.eveinfo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/120-North-Berwick.pdf
- we'll disembark at Auldhame and then follow the coast (plenty of beautiful beaches!) back to Dunbar
- much of the potential route is described here: https://coastwalkblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/coastwalk-23-dunbar-to-north-berwick/ ... although we'll obviously be doing it from North to South, and starting further South in Auldhame :-)
As usual; do bring along some food/packed-lunch etc. --- but we can potentially also get some food/drink when we finish back in Dunbar :-)
If you're interested and want any further detail, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly!