A brickworks was established at Roslin Colliery in 1937 by the Shotts Iron Company Ltd., operating until 1947 when the National Coal Board took over, followed by the The Scottish Brick Corporation, who ran the business from 1969  until closure in December 1977. The bricks were described as being of first rate quality.
This particular brick has been incorporated in a wall in Cafe Miro, a very nice cafe in Musselburgh.

Sign in or get an account to comment.