I have always admired people who manage to capture insects on plants and get the creature large in the frame and beautifully sharp. I find it incredibly difficult. I took over 200 frames today and this was one of the few which was vaguely sharp - although I do like the way it has its nose stuck in the flower. The insects generally moved too fast and the buddleia tended to move a little with every slight air movement. In order to get a fast enough shutter speed I had to wind up the sensitivity, and my old 7D was never very good at higher ISOs: there is a lot of noise in the image.
I hope the repairer manages to come back soon with a quote for my 5D.