The Tall Ship, Riverside Museum
The Tall Ship is a three-masted barque - now named the Glenlee. It first set sail as a bulk cargo carrier in 1896 and was Clyde-built. She circumnavigated the globe four times surviving fierce storms at Cape Horn 15 times. She was bought by the Spanish navy in 1922 and was turned into a sail training vessel. Eventually she was acquired by the Clyde Maritime Trust and restored over a six year period. Now she is permanently moored outside the Riverside Museum and is open freely to visitors. Across the river is Govan once a shipbuilding mecca but now the site of residential development.