Today I replaced the old, 5 lever mortice lock in our front door with a five lever British Standard approved mortice lock, as required by my insurers. Like many quick, "simple" jobs it took somewhat longer than I had hoped. The new lock was significantly larger than the old one, so I had to chisel out a larger hole for it and the positioning of the cover plate was critical: if it was slightly out of alignment it prevented the key from turning in the lock
I eventually managed it, but other jobs which I had hoped to complete have been put off for another day. This was the only photograph I had time for today. Judging a photographic club competition over Zoom this evening.
Sign in or get an account to comment.