By Viewpoint

A day in the life: recovery

Hence the bit of un-tidyness!  I realise I’m not doing too well in keeping up to date with this diary and I sometimes wonder if it isn’t an actual barrier to doing some of the other creative things I want to do with my image making.  I’m not really venturing far into this room beyond Ann’s chair, where I can put my foot up.  The chair is good because the arms allow me to lever myself up.  I’d decided I’d take some of the flowers in the vase with my phone.  Hence my trip and the view back.

My son was still with me in the morning, so he sorted out one more load of washing and made a quick trip to the Coop before he had to leave.  I think I did a few things on my laptop in the morning and Merriel  came to help me keep on top of a few domestic things.

In the afternoon Andrew and I talked via Zoom about his photography and we also had. Quick look at the images I’m thinking of putting into the YPU exhibition, when I spotted a serious discrepancy of the sea level in a multi- exposure image I took last August at Steetley Pier.  I actually removed one of the duplicate boats in the background.  Clearly the wrong choice and I’m not redoing it just at this time, but maybe I will in the future.

By teatime I’m usually absolutely past it and exhausted, though my briefest of naps in the chair must have helped as I  managed to heat up the M&S Brisket that Jay had left for me, add some oven chips and a mixed green veg selection and actually end up with a meal which deserved a Peroni to celebrate.  Very nice it was too.  By the time I’d cleared up and done my tray for the evening I was exhausted so headed for this seat to recover.  Meanwhile Debbie had arrived with some shopping, couldn’t make me hear and As I hadn’t looked at my phone to see her message I didn’t know she was outside until Sue rang me.  What a support team!  So I managed to get myself to the door  and sat collapsed in the corner if the room while she unloaded for me.  She’s the only one if my visitors who comes with almost full PPE.  My support person came a bit later than has sometimes happened and I was a bit anxious about whether messages had got mixed about whether anyone would come, but she did and I was very pleased to see her.  All tucked up, upstairs by 8.00 and lights out by 9.30.  Hence my early start this morning.

Sign in or get an account to comment.