Tulips in St Albans
The Religious Society of Friends - otherwise known as the Quakers - bought a plot of land in 1676 for a meeting house. Although no records exist of the meeting house being built, the plot was used for some two hundred years as a Quaker burial ground.
This plot is now leased to St Albans Council and provides a pleasant public garden to the front of the Police Station in Victoria Street. Here is a tulip in the sun.
Some more of the flowers in this garden