Inverurie Town Hall
A busy day in Inverurie today, so only managed to snatch a quick glimpse of the magnificent Victorian edifice described in Ian Shepherd's Illustrated Architectural Guide to the former Gordon District Council Area (Rutland Press, First Edition, 1994):
"Town Hall, Market Place, 1862, J Russell Mackenzie.
"The triangular Market Place is dominated by the present baroque, granite ashlar town hall, of two storeys with projecting end bays topped with handsome lions. Its centrepiece has giant Doric pilasters, and a balustraded parapet from which rises a fanciful, diagonally set cupola of Spanish baroque inspiration in painted wood."