1. It's the anniversary of dad's death today. I wake up to the sound of lovely texts coming in and people saying that they are thinking of dad - and us today. It's nice. It hit me more last week, if I'm honest. Thinking back to the actual day is a little bit hard. Even with five years between.
2. It was sunny and warm, the room he was in had become silent - they switched off all the machines. They'd taken off his glasses. And his wedding ring.
3. I hid in the hospital chapel for a while searching out the words from a hymn from childhood. Be Not Afraid.
4. And when we all went home I had a whiskey and realised for the first time why people have whiskeys at times like this.
5. And it was nice enough to sit outside in the garden. All of us.
- Sony DSC-W310