Life's Little Moments

By dbifulco

Charles Xavier - aka Charlie

Charlie finally came out from his cave under the bed when I checked in on him last night around 10.  He came over and rubbed up against me, purring like an outboard motor.  This morning, once again, I was able to encourage him out from under the bed and he even posed for some photos.  Turns out that he's an excellent model with those lovely facial markings and his dark-lined golden eyes.  

I did make an attempt to introduce him to Phoebe but she was not quite as bedazzled by him as I was.  Lots of hissing, growling and a few other noises I'd be hard pressed to explain emitted from both felines.  Suffice it to say, it will be several more days before we let Charlie have wider access to the house.  For now, he is quite comfortable and feeling safe in his room - it overlooks the Bistro, which gives him some entertainment, and he has food, water, treats, beds and a litter box..  And he and Phoebe can continue to sniff each other through the door for a few more days. If you'd care to see Phoebe's reaction to Charlie, have a look at my "Exrra" photo to the right! 

Hubs checked in a short while ago - he's finished his first stint in the race car and said he was feeling pretty good.  It's a 12-hour race, so they have four drivers who will switch out every 90 minutes.  A couple of cars are already out of the race - which is what happens in these long endurance races.  

Lots of birds in the Bistro this morning.  Night before last, something (probably a bear) tore down all of my feeders and scattered them around the yard (after emptying them), so last night I brought them all in for the night.  When I went to put them out at 6:30 this morning, I was greeted by chickadees and titmice who were on the feeders almost before I could hang them.  Immediately followed by woodpeckers, nuthatches, finches, sparrows and the irrepressible blue jays.  It's good to be home.

And, in good news, the pain in my joints is starting to lessen so I think the antibiotics are doing their thing against the Lyme disease - YAY.

TTFN good people - carry on with your weekend!


NOTE:  And at 3:30 today, I saw my first ruby-throated hummingbird at the feeder!  This is the earliest I've recorded seeing one, by about 4 days.  Haven't seen him since, so not sure if he is here to stay or passing through on his way north.  

Sign in or get an account to comment.