A piece of history
The white building, on the right, is the old chapel of our church. The Rev. Robert Warwick founded the church in 1796 and formally organized it in 1798 as the Mill Creek Congregation in Glendale. The congregation moved eastward from its original location to a country site near Sycamore Creek from which it takes its present name. In 1848, at its current location in Symmes Township, this single-room brick structure was built. The chapel served as the primary building for more than 100 years, until suburban spread necessitated the building of a new sanctuary and later, an education wing. In 1998 the chapel was renovated in honor of its 150th anniversary.
A founder and one of the congregation's first two elders was a young surveyor, Jeremiah Morrow, who served as elder for over fifty years. He became a State Senator, member of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives and Governor of Ohio in 1822-26.