The Artist's Eye

By ArtistAnnie

Not My favorite Day

Sigh... I called early to schedule an appointment with my ophthalmologist Dr. Matteucci. When I described the issues with my eye I got an appointment for today at 1:20. That meant I could still go to open studio for the morning and have lunch with the gang before heading to the doctor's office. My blip is the very beginning of a new jay painting. I didn't get far but it is a start. After lunch I went to see Dr. Matteucci.

I like how his office runs. I was in quickly. The assistant did all she could and dilated my eyes and I waited in a small room with a couple of others also waiting for their eyes to dilate. Then Dr. M did his examination and when it was over I was finished. That is how things should go.

I was not expecting good news because of the weirdness in my eye and I was right. I have a tear in my retina that needs to be fixed ASAP. So he sent me across the street to the office of the brothers Drs Subong. They are both fine retinologists but their office is polar opposite of Dr. M's. I got there at 2:30 and didn't get out of there until after 5 pm. I won't go into details but I've encountered this with Arvin when he went to see them.

Like I said they are known for how good they are at what they do. The final result of the visit was that I am going to do an in office procedure tomorrow afternoon where they put a bubble of air in my eye and I have to stay in a position where that bubble stays against the tear in the retina for three days. Friday I'll have lazer work  done to reattach the retina. He wanted to do the procedure today but I nixed that as I had to make plans for Arvin since I won't be able to take care of him. 

I called Silverado and he will stay over night there until I'm able to care for him again. I cancelled all the things I was going to do tomorrow and will cancel my Saturday appointment too. I arranged rides for all the stuff and family members will wait on me as needed.

As for the trip to Belize, it is up in the air. (No pun intended.) If the air bubble dissipates I can fly in a week. If it doesn't I can't. So I won't really know until the very last minute.

Am I a happy puppy? No I am not. But there is nothing I can do except do my best to keep the bubble in the right spot and take as good care of myself as I can. The best news is that Arvin will be cared for and safe. And if I can't go go Belize, at least I have insurance for the cost of the trip. The airfare might be another story but we shall see.

Tonight I am very tired and my eyes are still wider than the moon. I ate out with my brothers and my sister-in-law as originally planned. There were seven of us including Arvin, Helena and Lynda. That was fun,

Sign in or get an account to comment.