The road less travelled
Bob the bike and I have had another splendid day. Here we are leaving Tekapo. There was no wind here but it came up laye morning as we biked a round the bottom edge of Lake Ohau.
I've seen some great landscaping rocks and boulders, sadly none of a size that I can balance on Bob or sneak onto the support van.
Even with many kilometres ground out into a head nor'west wind, I'm a happy chappie. My neck and upper back didn't appreciate the headwind as I struggled to streamline and reduce the drag.
It was hard to check a photo today so check out my extras:
- numerous autumn colours with the odd cyclist visible if you look closely.
- Bob looking resplendent against a rosehip bush with Lake Ohau in the background.
- Crossing the Ohau weir.
- Lake Ohau before it got windy.
- Rosehip bushes enmasse and an old hut beside Lake Ohau.
- Looking into a blustery Dobson Valley. An unusual back view of Aoraki Mt Cook is behind the puff of cloud.
- The head of Lake Ohau and looking down onto Lake Ohau Station.
- Looking back to the lake.
- Lunch at Lake Ohau lodge. I biked 40kms for it so you should see it.
Today's gratitude: For a special day in the high country.
- Huawei CLT-L09